Sunday, October 9, 2011

Marathon Party Favors

I love marathon Sunday in Chicago.  The energy in the city is unlike any other day of the year.  This year, Mr. B and I met Jen, Tiffany and Andy at the halfway point and ran the second 13.1 with our friends.  These warriors already had 13.1 miles on their legs, so we tried to be as motivating and supportive as possible.  After the race, my dear friend Mary hosted a post-party to honor Jessica's completion of her first marathon.  Mary asked me to bring a party favor, so I created mini running bibs and medals to celebrate Jessica's accomplishment.



These favors were extremely easy to make!  First, I covered the labels of mini Gatorade bottles with computer paper.  I then printed running "bibs" on card stock and affixed them to mini Gatorade bottles with double-stick tape.  I left the edges loose and poked mini safety pins through all four corners, just like an actual running bib.  Finally, I used ribbon, chocolate coins and a glue gun to create the medals.  I am pleased with the end product!    

A BIG congratulations to Jessica, Jen, Tiffany, Andy and all of our other friends who conquered the 2011 Chicago Marathon!  You guys rock!!!

10 comments:

  1. Can you please email me the template for the labels for the bottles. my email is litsataylor17@gmail.com. I am having a running party for charity. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you please email the label template for the bottles? angie.horne@hsc.utah.edu. We are celebrating a friend's retirement -- she has completed 165+ marathons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you send me this template? I’m hosting a cross-country banquet for my school. My e-mail is maddyjsullivan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you please send me this template for the Gatorade bottles? My email is miss.yasminb10@gmail.com. I’m having a banquet for cross country

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'd love if you could send the template my way, too! Thanks!!

    My email address is jja700@gmail.com. --Jessica :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you send me the template? OI love this idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! Care to send a template to ashleyhoward19@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. were you able to get the template for the running bibs? I would like to replicate this idea for my son's birthday party in a few weeks.

      Delete
  8. I am wanting to make these bottles for our XC team for district. If it’s not too much trouble, is there any way you could share the template. I would greatly appreciate it. TIA

    toshamatthews@yahoo.com

    Tosha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you able to send me the template for the labels? We are holding senior olympics at our senior community.
    eroozeboom@provlife.com

    ReplyDelete