Sunday, January 29, 2012

Picture-Perfect Birthday Party

My dad turned the BIG 6-0 in early January, so we threw him a surprise birthday party!  I believe the final headcount came to 75 . . . impressive that my dad has so many friends after ALL of these years!  ;-)

This article in Martha Stewart magazine from January 2011 provided inspiration for the photo-themed party.  In place of Martha's yellow, I used red as my accent color to the black, white and grey color scheme to tie in NIU Huskies colors (my dad is an alumnus and a huge  NIU sports fan).    

I asked guests to send old photos of my dad for a slideshow, and arranged black and white copies of some of these photos to create a "60" sign.


I found these amazing beer mugs at Dollar Tree and used photo corners to affix a photo to each glass.  Leftover pictures from the party invitations and silver-wrapped mints served as confetti.  Easy and affordable table centerpieces!



Noise makers were ready for the SURPRISE! in coordinating cardboard six-pack carriers.


Guests were asked to leave a message for the birthday boy.  Love the look of silver Sharpie on black paper!


Mini cupcakes from Swirlz - YUM!


Lots of beer was consumed at the party, so the koozie favors were used from the get-go!  Shout-out to CustomInk -- I was impressed with their superior customer service!



Happy Birthday, Dad!!!  XO


1 comment:

  1. I've been checking out A LOT of pages for inspiration for my Dads 60th... Your party looks GREAT! Love it... definitely taking some tips from your party!

    ReplyDelete