Thursday, July 29, 2010

Pool Blue Stationary

This set of note cards screams summer!  The color of the blue stationary is appropriately named "pool."  Check it out . . .


My latest stationary project was inspired by beautiful blue flowered paper I had leftover from a recipe box I crafted for a bridal shower.  I decided this paper would make a pretty envelope liner.  Since the paper contains subtle gold accents, I matched it with Paper Source's gold shimmer envelopes.


I stamped pool (blue) note cards with a flower design in gold, and used a punch to create the scalloped bottom edge.


The bottom edge of each card's inside is accented with a small strip of the same paper used for the envelope liner, which peeks through the scallop design when the card is closed.  A strip of gold ribbon creates a clean edge to finish.  After much trial and error with a bouquet of adhesive products, I now use double-stick tape for all of my card making endeavors.  A thin tape runner works well to attach the ribbon. 

Check out this stationary's "sister" recipe box in our Third Coast Sisters shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment