Friday, August 27, 2010

Pink or Blue? Baby Shower

Take a peak at the favor tags I made for Mary to use for a baby shower she is throwing this weekend.  The shower's theme is "pink and blue" because the parents are choosing to keep the baby's gender a surprise.  Guests are asked to dress in either pink or blue to indicate their best guess of the baby's gender.  Beverages for the party are Blue Moon bottles and pink lemonade vodka cocktails -- such an adorable touch!
Rather than typical baby pastels, the hosts are using hot pink and navy as the shower colors.  To emphasize the pink and blue theme, I created two versions of the same design by inverting the colors.
I used a "BABY" flag stamp that I found in the dollar bin at Michael's to create the tag's focal point.  Some additional design handiwork on the computer created the rest of the tag's message.  After printing, I used a three-inch scalloped punch tool and a 2.5-inch circle punch tool to cut the circles, and then affixed all three pieces together with my Xyron sticker machine.  My beloved Paper Source eyelets create a finished look for the ribbon hole. 
The back of each tag contains an "original" poem by me to tie in the pink and blue theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment