Thursday, June 17, 2010

Bridal Shower Favors - Blue & Yellow

Mary commissioned me to create favors for a wedding shower dinner she is co-hosting for her friend Elizabeth.  Mary requested that I use a blue and yellow color scheme to go along with the everyday place settings on the couple's registry. 


The minute I saw this brilliant blue paper from Paper Source, I fell in love!  The paper's scattered white dots remind me of champagne bubbles . . . what is more celebratory and festive than some bubbly?!  I designed the "Cheers" logo in Publisher and stamped and embossed champagne glasses in gold. A tiny gem embellishment on each favor is meant to imitate a bubble and create a bit of 3D sparkle.



 
Coordinating blue bowls with the couple's initials at the bottom . . . just in case guests want a sweet snack during the sushi dinner.  I found these bowls in the dollar section at Target.  Hopefully the bride doesn't discover the Hot Wheels hologram underneath the paper, ha!
 

Finding the perfect blue and yellow candy was a small challenge.  For the blue hues, I used Dove milk chocolates and a delicious cookies and cream version of Hershey's Kisses that I found only at Target (believe me, I scoured CVS, Walgreens, Jewel and Dominick's to no avail!).  Both of these chocolate candies are wrapped in complementary blue shades of foil.  To tie in yellow and also add a nice contrast to the chocolate candies, I chose a local Chicago classic, Lemonheads!


Best wishes, Elizabeth and Adam!

No comments:

Post a Comment